Splash Image
Life of Loan FEMA Flood Determinations
Federal law requires a FEMA Flood Hazard Determination for all Real Estate Loans. If a property is found to be in a Flood Zone, the mandatory purchase of Flood Insurance is required per the NFIP Mandatory Purchase of Flood Insurance Guidelines... More >

Flood Overlay
If a property is near the FEMA flood hazard area as shown on the Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM), G.C.E. will provide a Flood Overlay to our client to determine the exact location of the building(s). Flood Overlays consist of overlaying available GIS Maps... More >

Flood Insurance
Purchasing Flood Insurance usually comes as a surprise to most homeowners that are purchasing or refinancing a home. As a result it can become a contentious issue. What can make matters even worse is a Flood Insurance Broker that is not familiar... More >

Site Visit
Sometimes it is not clear if the building(s) on a property are in a flood hazard area. Because G.C.E. is a local company, a site visit is a service that we can include for our clients. Many times with new construction in rural areas, the building location is not on any aerial photos or GIS Maps... More >

Elevation Certification
Once a property is determined to be in a Special Flood Hazard Area, in some cases an Elevation Certification needs to be done. An Elevation Certification is used for determining an insurance premium rate and is required for Post-FIRM construction... More >

Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA)
A Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) is a process in which certain mapping and survey information may be submitted to FEMA to request that a document that officially removes a property and/or structure from the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) is issued... More >

Mortgage Plot Plans
A Mortgage Plot Plan is a drawing that shows the as-built location of the building(s) on the property. Mortgage Plot Plans are normally part of the Title Work that is done by Lenders or Title companies to verify that the buildings comply with the communities Zoning Regulations... More >

Foundation Certifications/Certified Plot Plans
For new construction some communities require a Foundation Certification before building can commence. This is a drawing similar to a Mortgage Plot Plan that certifies that the new foundation meets all of the communities zoning requirements... More >

When a boundary issue arises G.C.E. can help homeowners by providing accurate survey information. We can provide surveying services for Site Plans, Boundary Surveys, Topographic Surveys and Subdivisions.

Licensed Engineer & Surveyor on Staff
G.C. Engineering Inc., is a Full Service Engineering Firm. We are able to meet all of your design and site plan requirements.